- This event has passed.
Sunday Worship Service
August 2 @ 10:15 am - 11:15 am
An event every week that begins at 10:15 am on Sunday, repeating until August 2, 2020
The heartbeat of the Fayetteville First Presbyterian Church is the worship of God and the Christian education of all who join us. Traditional worship service is celebrated Sundays at 10:15 a.m. Please join us in person or for a live-streamed Sunday service via Facebook Live or YouTube.
We worship in the Family Life Center (e.g. the gym) for the foreseeable future in order to better manage social distancing.
As a reminder, here are some of the protocols the session has put in place for in-person worship services:
• If you feel safer at home, please stay home. In fact, we encourage everyone over the age of 70, and those in higher-risk categories, to remain at home.
• Please do not move the chairs—they are arranged to follow the governor’s and CDC’s recommendations.
• Unless you are helping lead worship, please do not enter the building until 9:45 a.m. (worship starts at 10:15 a.m.). Please use ONLY the main Family Life Center doors to enter/exit the building.
• Masks are required for entry into the building and must be worn at all times. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
• We will check temperatures of each person as they enter the Family Life Center. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4° or higher will not be permitted to enter the building.
• We will not pass out bulletins or hymnals. We will use only the projection screen. We will email the bulletin before worship so that you may use your own personal smartphone or tablet, if you would like.
• We will not have congregational singing. Rather a soloist or same-family duo will sing hymns while the congregation hums and/or silently reads the lyrics.
• The church facilities remain closed to the public for all other purposes.
• The restrooms will be opened for emergencies. Should you need to use the restrooms, please wash your hands thoroughly (at least 20 seconds — say the Lord’s Prayer) before returning to worship.
We encourage you to prayerfully give electronically or via US Mail. For those who gather in person, we will have buckets at the exit doors in which you may drop your tithes and offerings as you leave. We will not “pass the plate.”
We realize some of these measures may seem too strict for some of us; others of us may not consider them strict enough. Please understand that your session prayerfully considered all the details and attempted to follow God’s will—not our own. Continue to pray for your session. They have been serving at a time of incredible stress—and have endured more session meetings this year than a normal session might encounter in a full year! We all owe them a debt of gratitude!
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Bruce McVey
First Presbyterian Church of Fayetteville